Find a dietitian

Identifying a problem is the first step to solving it.

If you are having gastrointestinal symptoms then a dietitian who is qualified to advise you about your specific needs is an excellent place to start your healing journey.  The results of working with a qualified dietitian can be life changing, and it's so easy to do!

All of the information we publish at Fodpod has been checked by our wonderful in-house dietitians.  Their contact details are below should you wish to get in touch. 

Gillian Killiner

BSc. (Hons), MSc., RD
    +44 7717 392306 
  Gillian trained and qualified at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital, London. She has her own experience of chronic illness, having been hospitalised with quinsy several years ago during her third pregnancy, and she has been in remission from Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease that attacks the thyroid, for 5 years. Gilliam regularly has feature articles in the media and is a contact for local and national radio and TV. Her areas of specialist interest include Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), IBD, Coeliac Disease, and diabetes. She has formal training in the Low FODMAP diet. Gillian is based in Belfast, NI, but also offers online consultations.  

Evelyn Toner

BSC. (Hons), PGCert, RD
    +44 7731 426828 
  Evelyn is a Registered Dietitian specialising in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Sports Nutrition, Coeliac Disease, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Liver Disorders. She also has formal training in the Low FODMAP Diet. She uses individualised and practical advice to help her clients achieve their goals and optimise their health, fitness and wellbeing. Evelyn is based in southwest London but also offers Skype/FaceTime consultations.  

Alternatively you can find a dietician by searching on  This registry website is run in association with The British Dietetic Association (BDA).  You may also be able to ask your GP for a referral if you would prefer to be seen on the NHS.

Did you know that the title "dietitian" is protected by law?  This means you are not allowed to call yourself a dietitian unless you are properly qualified and registered.  To check if someone is fully qualified and and registered, you can search for them on the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) database.  

By contrast "nutritionist" is not a protected title, so anyone can advertise their services as a nutritionist even if they are not properly qualified.  To better understand the difference between dieticians and nutritionists you can read this NHS information page.